Wedding invitations are important as they are a way to announce to your friends and family that you are getting married. Because there are so many types of wedding invitations available, you may be having a hard time choosing what you would like best. If so, below is some information about choosing the type of paper and printing you would like to help you get started.
Types of Paper Used for Wedding Invitations
The first thing you have to do is to choose the type of paper you want to use for your wedding invitations. Some of the types you can choose from include:
- Cotton fiber: This paper is 100% cotton and popular with many brides. This type works great if you would like a classic, clean look to your invitations.
- Vellum: Vellum wedding invitations feature a frosted, sheer piece of paper that is layered over another sheet of paper. The second sheet of paper is generally decorative or a solid color.
- Linen: Linen wedding invitations are high quality and made of a cotton blend. It has a lightly textured surface.
- Marbled: This type of paper has swirls on it and looks like real marble.
- Glassine: This type of paper is waxy and light and is generally used for accents, such as overlays, envelopes, and pouches.
Types of Wedding Invitation Printing
Once you choose the paper that you want to use for your wedding invitations, you have to choose the type of printing you would like. Some different types you will find include:
- Foil stamping: With this type of printing stamping dies or heated typing is pressed against a sheet of pigment foil. Pressure is applied during the printing to transfer the design to the foil. The foil can be copper, silver, or gold.
- Engraving: Engraving printing is paper that is pressed between a metal and inked plate. The letters rise off the paper because they are pressed up from the underside of the paper.
- Letterpress: If you would like modern or classic wedding invitations, then letterpress would work well for you. The wedding invitation will have raised letters that are either pressed or inked onto the paper's surface.
- Digital: Digital printing is a traditional printing using a digital printer. This technique of printing is becoming increasingly popular. This is because it is fast and cost-effective.
Contact a wedding invitation printing service like Print Source in your area to learn much more about the paper and type of printing that is used.